Press Releases '10
- 50TH "TONY BETTENHAUSEN 100" RESET FOR 2011
- Tickets which had been purchased for the Springfield races can be mailed for refunds to Track Enterprises at P.O. Box 79, Macon, Ill. 62544. Please include your name, mailing address and telephone number. Ticket refund requests are also available to print out at http://www.trackenterprises.com/.
- FAMILY TEAMS TAKE TOP HONORS AT ILLINOIS STATE FAIR BREAKFAST ON A STICK COMPETITION
Ponytail Contest Results, Redneck Weekend, Upcoming Events
- Fairgoers can find the winning dishes on display and more fun facts about cooking in the Hobbies, Arts and Crafts building.
- AUTO RACING, DEMO DERBY AT ILLINOIS STATE FAIR CANCELLED TODAY
REFUNDS AVAILABLE FOR CHEAP TRICK, BLONDIE CONCERT
- The USAC Silver Crown Race at the Illinois State Fair has been postponed. A reschedule date has not been announced at this time.
- STANLEY CUP COMING TO THE ILLINOIS STATE FAIR
Moo-Moo Classic, Free Family Entertainment in the Jungle, More Families Visit the Fair, Upcoming Events
- Cool, comfortable weather has contributed to a significant spike in Illinois State Fair attendance. The first six days of the ten-day fair, 409,984 fairgoers passed through the gates, an increase of 21 percent compared to a year ago.
- ILLINOIS STATE FAIR TO WELCOME STANLEY CUP
- Chicago Blackhawk fans will have an opportunity to see and take pictures of the Stanley Cup at the 2010 Illinois State Fair.
- ILLINOIS STATE FAIR NAMES BEST NEW FOOD AND NOVELTY ITEMS FOR 2010
IDOA Honors Farm Families, Commodities Auction helps U of I stuudents, As-Well-As Upcoming Events
- The Illinois State Fair has recognized Mom 'N' Pop Corn and Miche Bags as the Best New Food Item and Best New Novelty Item, respectively, for 2010.
- GOVERNOR'S SALE OF CHAMPIONS RAISES CASH TO SUPPORT FFA AND 4H PROGRAMS
Recognitions At Ag Day Luncheon As-Well-As Upcoming Events
- The Governor's Sale of Champions, the annual auction of prize-winning Illinois State Fair livestock, raised more than $100,000 Tuesday night.
- SOUTH DAKOTAN WINS THIRD SHEEP SHEARING CHAMPIONSHIP AT 2010 ILLINOIS STATE FAIR
Hog & Husband Calling Results As-Well-As Upcoming Events
- Sheep Shearing Champion Loren Opstedahl of Peadmont, S.D., has another win under his belt.; Kyle Barton, of West Des Moines, Ia., took first place with his one-of-a-kind hog call, while Last minute entrant Nancy Allison of Moro, Ill., a member of the St. Louis Symphony Chorus, serenaded her husband and the judges alike with her winning call.
- CHAMPAIGN COUNTY TEEN SHOWS GRAND CHAMPION JUNIOR STEER AT 2010 ILLINOIS STATE FAIR
Grand Champion Meat Goat also selected
- Brandon Wyatt's grand champion steer is a 1,321 pound, AOB Key named Roscoe. Roscoe will join other Junior Show winners Tuesday in the Governor's Sale of Champions, an auction of the state fair's grand champion livestock.
- 2010 ILLINOIS STATE FAIR CELEBRATES 100TH BIRTHDAY OF MAIN GATE
- Traditional cakes and pinatas have been replaced with corn dogs and chocolate-covered bacon as the historic Illinois State Fair Main Gate celebrates its 100th birthday.
- ILLINOIS STATE FAIR JUNIOR BARROW AND WETHER SHOWS SELECT GRAND CHAMPIONS
Winners will take part in Governor's Sale of Champions on Ag Day
- As a rookie showman, Dylan Decker never thought he had much of a chance to win the Illinois State Fair Junior Barrow Show.
- ILLINOIS STATE FAIR ANNOUNCES SCHEDULING CHANGE
Saturday's harness races postponed until Sunday because of wet grounds
- A heavy rain storm Friday evening has caused the postponement of today's harness races at the Illinois State Fair.
- ILLINOIS STATE FAIR CROWNS GRAND CHAMPION RABBIT MEAT PEN AND GRAND CHAMPION POULTRY TRIO
- The Illinois State Fair awarded its first ribbons in the Junior Livestock Show for the best rabbit meat pen and poultry trio.
- LADY ANTEBELLUM CONCERT CANCELLED, REFUNDS AVAILABLE
- Due to severe weather, the Lady Antebellum concert at the Illinois State Fair was cancelled.
- ILLINOIS FIREFIGHTERS WILL SERVE AS GRAND MARSHALS OF THE 2010 ILLINOIS STATE FAIR TWILIGHT PARADE
- The 2010 Grand Marshals are past recipients of prestigious awards from the state of Illinois for their outstanding bravery and service to the community.
- MTV'S "MADE" HOSTS OPEN AUDITIONS AT 2010 ILLINOIS STATE FAIR
- Do you want to be MADE? Have you ever dreamed of being a reality TV star? Here's your chance! MTV's "MADE" series will be holding open auditions at the Illinois State Fair Aug. 13-15.
- ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE TENT TO FEATURE FREE FOOD
- Eighteen Illinois food companies will give away free samples of their products in the Department of Agriculture Tent at the 2010 Illinois State Fair.
- ILLINOIS STATE FAIR TO HOST KISS ARMY COSTUME CONTEST
- KISS fans can show their devotion to the legendary rock band and score a free ticket to the Illinois State Fair performance of The Original KISS Army.
- TONY NOMINATED MUSICAL "MILLION DOLLAR QUARTET" COMING TO ILLINOIS STATE FAIR
Free concert features songs by Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins
- On December 4, 1956, these four young musicians gathered at Sun Records in Memphis for what would be one of the greatest jam sessions of all time. Million Dollar Quartet brings that legendary night to life, featuring a score of hits.
- PRESS PREVIEW DAY SCHEDULED AUG. 5
Event to be held in new location inside Gate 2
Reporters can pick up State Fair press and parking passes beginning at 10 a.m. The program will start at 11 a.m.
- DEADLINE APPROACHING FOR 2010 ILLINOIS STATE FAIR PHOTO CONTESTS AND TALENT COMPETITION
- The deadline for each competition is Aug. 1, 2010. Entry forms for the contests are available in the Special Events Office, located in the Emmerson building on the Illinois State Fairgrounds.
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- The Illinois State Fair is looking for volunteers to help in a number of areas throughout the ten days of this year's fair. These areas include information booths, various buildings, the Illinois State Fair Museum and the new interactive agricultural exhibit, "Farmer's Little Helpers."
- TWILIGHT PARADE ENTRY DEADLINE APPROACHING
- Those interested in participating in the 24th annual Illinois State Fair Twilight Parade must act soon - the deadline is July 2, 2010. The parade will take place on Preview Day, Aug. 12, at 6 p.m.
- "CREAM OF THE CROP": 2010 ILLINOIS STATE FAIR THEME
New interactive attraction teaches kids about Illinois' agriculture industry
- This year's theme pays tribute to Illinois' agricultural heritage. This year's fair will showcase Illinois' agricultural roots while also recognizing Illinois farmers for being the "cream of the crop", the best of the best.
- MEGA PASS IS YOUR TICKET TO UNLIMITED RIDES AT THE ILLINOIS STATE FAIR
- The Mega Pass will available for $50 until Saturday, July 10. After that date, the price will increase to $60. The Mega Pass is good for unlimited rides in both Adventure Village and the Carnival Midway all ten days of the fair plus the Aug. 12 preview night.
- SANDRA LEE CANCELS AUG. 19 APPEARANCE AT ILLINOIS STATE FAIR
- Lee was supposed to give a free cooking demonstration in the Grandstand Aug. 19. The fair is searching for a replacement act.
- STATE FAIR GRANDSTAND BOX OFFICE TO OPEN
- The box office will open June 5 with special Saturday hours from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thereafter it will be open weekdays, except holidays, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, July 31, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- 2010 ILLINOIS STATE FAIR TO FEATURE TEN NIGHTS OF GRANDSTAND ENTERTAINMENT
- The line-up, which was announced today at a Main Gate press conference on the Illinois State Fairgrounds, includes an eclectic mix of country, rock, pop and Christian recording stars, plus two free shows.
- MISS MENARD COUNTY CROWNED 2010 MISS ILLINOIS COUNTY FAIR
Haley Freeman will reign over 2010 Illinois and DuQuoin State Fairs
- The Miss Illinois County Fair Queen Pageant was held at the Crowne Plaza in Springfield as part of the 100th annual convention of the Illinois Association of Agricultural Fairs (IAAF).